Michael James Enterprises (MJE) develops skincare and beauty brands backed by science and disruptive technology. MJE's initial focus is the development and commercialization of a game changing FDA OTC (over-the-counter) acne treatment system. To accomplish its goal, MJE licensed patented science from a world renowned Ivy League institution, developed by one of the world’s leading researchers on antimicrobial topical creams & infection control. The $3B dollar recession proof OTC acne industry is dominated by brands that leverage a timeworn active ingredient called Benzoyl Peroxide. Since the introduction of Benzoyl Peroxide decades ago, there hasen’t been a material advance in the treatment of acne by an OTC offering-until now. MJE has developed an acne-care system that effectively treats the bacteria that causes acne without the harsh side effects the FDA has warned the public of about Benzoyl Peroxide. The market is ready for a new product line that can effectively treat acne without causing the damage created by anti-acne products based on Benzoyl Peroxide. MJE will market its anti-acne brand by advertising direct to consumer through integrated web and visual platforms including infomercials, supported by active social media communications and content.
Defined Addressable Marketplace: The acne market is a $3 Billion plus per year industry. An overwhelming percentage of the global population experiences the affects of acne in one way or another at one time or another. Of significance is that acne is the type of problem people want to treat because it is visible and affects one’s self-image. Acne has proven to be recession proof. The Company’s focus is the direct to consumer $1.5 Billion acne market which is currently led by only one product system called Proactiv.
Old Problem: The Federal Government allows only three ingredients to make the claim it treats acne and one of them is Benzoyl Peroxide. The problem is that Benzoyl Peroxide actually triggers severe collateral damage to the users’ skin by causing skin irritation, dryness, blotching as well as bleaching and discoloring of hair and clothing. Proactiv, the dominant product in the direct to consumer space, is formulated with Benzoyl Peroxide. Thus far no one has developed an FDA OTC product that effectively treats acne as well as Benzoyl Peroxide without all the debilitating side effects – until now.
New Solution and Product Offering: Problem solved: MJE, working jointly with a world renowned researcher at an Ivy League institution, has developed an anti-acne formulation that does not use Benzoyl Peroxide but instead is predicated on advanced patented technology. This Anti Acne Three Step Regimen and Instant Spot Treatment, FDA OTC approved products, get rid of acne, smoothes the user’s skin and eliminates ALL of the side effects associated with Proactiv and Benzoyl Peroxide. MJE intends for its system to become a primary FDA OTC approved product to treat acne worldwide in all markets.
Disruptive Technology: The patented science MJE has incorporated into the anti-acne system is an umbrella technology that enhances the anti-microbial effectiveness of Salicylic Acid, making it more effective than Benzoyl Peroxide and creates a permeable barrier on the skin that prevents bacteria from penetrating the skin for up to 4 hours as well as moisturizing the skin, while eliminating irritation resulting in the skin feeling healthy and looking refreshed. A spot treatment applied mid day will provide all day protection. The 4 main characteristics of the science are:
1) MJE just executed an agreement to develop final formulations and 200 samples of each of the 4 components on the anti-acne system. The samples should be completed and signed off early in Q1 2016.
2) The company has previously undertaken and completed its own testing and focus groups under the direction of the inventor of the patented science. Upon completion of the samples, the independent “benchmarking” final phase of product development will commence. The company will be engaging several 3rd party resources to test, audit and measure the success of the system. This step is undertaken so the company can make marketing claims that are verified by independent industry leaders.
3) At the completion of the benchmarking phase , the MJE intends to prove the efficacy of its product offering verified by independent third parties. The elective tests chosen should allow for product marketing claims to be incorporated in direct response campaigns that conclude that the product is hypoallergenic, sun-safe, dermatologist tested, user safe and will substantiate clinical proof of efficacy. During this stage, the company will also undertake filmed testimonials comparing leading Benzoyl Peroxide products with MJE's offering,where the MJE system is lauded as transforming users lives for the better while illuminating the adverse side effects of the Benzoyl Peroxide product(s). These testimonials are described and shown by actual Benzoyl Peroxide product users, together with narration.
4) The company is currently interviewing several of the leading direct response marketing firms in the beauty and skin care category and a selection will be made in Q1 2016. One firm has launched several of the most iconic direct response brands through direct response television (DRTV) and another has previously built and owned one of the most successful DRTV brands in the industry. Once a selection is made, the entire infomercial screenwriting and production teams will be assembled.
5) Management is leveraging various relationships to attract brand stewards, social media influencers, supermodels and other celebrities for its initial direct response and social media marketing campaigns.
6) Management is leveraging its relationships to attract leading celebrity dematologists and other skin care industry executives to its soon to be formed medical and strategic advisory boards.
7) MJE is targeting a Q3 2016 soft launch of the anti-acne system.
Market Value: $1,827,116 a/o Jul 22, 2016
Authorized Shares: 100,000,000 a/o May 23, 2016
Outstanding Shares: 12,958,270 a/o May 23, 2016
Float: 2,549,870 a/o May 23, 2016
Shareholders of Record: 53 a/o Apr 15, 2013
Short Interest: 0 (-100%) May 13, 2016
Chief Executive Officer - Mr. James Farinella
Michael James Enterprises Inc.
784 Morris Turnpike
Short Hills, NJ 07078